Friday, June 22, 2012

Birchbox June

I was so excited when I received an e-mail saying I'd be getting my Birchbox this month. I felt like I had just put my name on the waiting list!

Since I didn't get any comments on my last post about photographing preferences I thought I'd take the initiative and try something new.

Seriously though, leave a comment! You can even do it anonymously. It's not scary, I promise! :) And by the number of views I get I'm pretty sure it's more than just my family reading this. So I would love to know what you think, that way you're not such a stranger to me!


Hellooo Birchbox. First of all I am pumped for these boxes, I will be using them to sort art supplies. They will stack and look nice and I can write little labels on them. It will be wonderful.

Starting at the top and going clockwise, you can see there are two La Fresh make up remover wipes. I am currently on a kick of trying many different brands of cleansing wipes, so I am happy to add these to my little stash. These are also really intriguing to me because they're biodegradable and have various plant oils in them. Plus, a full-size includes 30 wipes for $9.99, which is the same price/quantity that I like.

Next is a sulfate free, volumizing shampoo from Hair Rules. I'm pretty attached to my current shampoo, but I think I'll try this and if it works well then I'll save it for traveling. A full-size is $15.00, although the info card does not say how many ounces that is. However, I really appreciate that Birchbox let's you know full size prices, and you can buy it from their store. Plus, when you buy from them you get points. I haven't looked into what those points get you, but I like that they're self-contained and you don't have to search around for the product.

The little red tube is a lip and cheek stain from theBalm cosmetics. I've been hearing really good things about theBalm lately so I'm happy to try out something of theirs, plus I like the practicality of a two-in-one. The color is a really pretty berry-red, it will definitely look good on both lips and cheeks.

The last item is a pair of lashes from Georgie Beauty. I've said this before, but I really like getting lashes, because I like playing with them and trying them out. I don't have places or events to wear them to, which is why I probably wouldn't buy them for myself. This pair is all-natural and the style I received is a glamorous, yet natural-ish looking. Meaning, they would blend well, yet really amp up your look. The crazy thing about these is that a full-size is $28. The only thing different between what I got and a full size set, is that the packaging is much nicer and the adhesive is an actual tube. Crazy!

The nice thing about Birchbox is that they usually (I think always) include a little extra.


This month it was this plastic baggie from tili. They're cute plastic baggies that come in either gallon or quart size, so they're airport friendly. This isn't something I would bother buying for myself, so for me this is a fun little extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment