Monday, July 23, 2012

Nail Polish

I think I paint my nails almost every other day. I've had a basic red on for 4 days and it feels really weird.

This post is just to share my more creative designs. Hopefully it'll give you some ideas or maybe a little nudge to try something new.

The first is a white base (from my MyGlam bag) with two mint colors sponged on top. I wanted the effect to look like a wash, hense two different mints; one more sheer than the other.


The other is a very trendy deign, the herringbone. I painted mine in layers, I prefer that to tape.


Both were first attempts, so they're definitely not perfect. I also try to not over-stress about my nails. The edges will smooth out with a couple of showers and all colors eventually chip. I spend my time trying new designs and playing with color combos, it's much more fun.

2 comments:

  1. I am so amazed that you paint your nails so often and keep up with them. I haven't painted my nails in far too long because I hate when they start to chip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's something little I can to do feel pretty even on days where I'm rushed to get ready.

      Delete