Saturday, May 19, 2012

MyGlam for May

I received my MyGlam bag this week! I was so excited for it to come, I had been tracking its shipping status for the last week. Once I opened it though, I was pretty disappointed. It felt like a $10 subscription (which it is), but I want to receive a bag that feels like a steal for that amount I'm paying.


This is the bag, I love the colors especially since neons are so big this season.


The first thing I pulled out was this perfume sample. It's not a scent I would choose for myself, it's hard to describe, but here's my attempt: I thought it was more of a floral scent but after looking it up I found it's described as a fruity smell. However, it just seems to be a heavy smell and I want something light and fresh for spring/summer. Not to mention the sample is an eau de toilette, I would expect an eau de parfum for such a small sample.


Then I found these nail designs. I was really excited at first because I love to try all nail things. Then I looked at them more and thought about wearing them... I realized it was no go. They are really juvenile and I would feel silly wearing them! I might consider doing one nail, but not all of them.


Then I pulled out this lipstick. The problem is: I'm not a lipstick girl. I love Revlon Lip Butters, but that's about all I can handle. However, this is a nice rosy nude color, so I think it was a safe color to send out. On the other hand, I would kind of like a funky color to try without buying it myself. The quality is nice though, the color it very pigmented and it goes on smoothly. Not to mention there's not smell - which I prefer.


The last item in the bag was two more brushes. These were described as a defining eyeliner brush and a concealer brush. I have to be honest, I'm getting sick of these brushes. They are soft but feel very synthetic-y - hopefully that makes sense. Also, there are only so many tiny brushes a girl can use. This concealer brush is freaking puny and the other eyeliner brush (from last month) has only gotten used a few times and it's 2x the size.

To be totally transparent I opened this package at the end of a hot/humid day, during which I had been out shopping in some very high heels. So my mood wasn't exactly perfect, but even now I'm still not thrilled with this month's bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment